Green Day, Forbidden Fruit, Spew-and-Run

Two Fridays ago, Gerry and I drove to Rochester to see Green Day. It was great. Gerry had already sprained his arm the night before punching some kid, and then at the concert he lost a shoe and had his toes crushed! But it’s all worth it for Green Day. My already-cracked watch band ripped while moshing, causing me to temporally lose my watch. But luckily I found it shortly after on the ground. With a little Brasso it’s like new again! Brasso is great for removing scratches on plastic. Now I just can’t get a new band for it because only Swatch shops sell them, and the closest ones are in like New York City and Providence.
Not much is going on around college right now. Classrooms all reek of some nasty, sticky, rotting fruit smell from some kind of tree that drops these horrible fruits, one of which perfectly drops its collection over a main path. These then stick to people’Äôs shoes and the juice ends up being deposited all over the carpets of classrooms. Hopefully it will be over soon.
I had a pretty long day of work at Target today. My shift was from eight to 4:30. I got up at six and went to the 24-hour Dunkin Donuts down the street. The highlight of my shift was a ’Äúspew-and-run incident,’Äù at about 8:15, where a guest vomited a twenty-foot path on the floor and then ditched the cart, also covered with puke, in an aisle. I had just returned from learning how to do something new when I noticed a funky smell in my department. It took two bags of our dehydration powder to solidify the mess.
Otherwise the day was pretty uneventful. People have now decided to start purchasing Christmas items, and Sundays are always the first day that items go on sale, so I had to get a ton of items from the backroom. Fortunately I was taught how to type/scan in an ’Äúexception bin,’Äù which basically allows me to walk around my department and scan all the low and empty items, and then a request is sent to the backroom and they bring me out a bin with those items.
When I got home I went to sleep for about two hours. It’Äôs great how it always seems much longer. Overall I’Äôve decided that I actually like working during the day better than at night.
Anyway, that would be it for now.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *